Westrec Marinas’ New Haulover Marine Center
508-Rack Hurricane-Ready Dry Storage with Re-Designed Park, New Office, Retail Store and Bath House
Westrec Marinas is pleased to announce the development of the new Haulover Marine Center, is well underway. Located on the Intracoastal Waterway at Bakers-Haulover Inlet in North Miami Beach, Florida and nestled between Sunny Isles and Bal Harbor, the new building will be opposite the existing open dry storage rack system. Following extensive negotiations with Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation Department, all permits were issued and construction commenced in July 2014 with a completion date Grand Opening scheduled for the spring of 2016.
The most popular inland sandbar and one of the nicest beaches inSouth Florida lie adjacent to the site of the new Haulover Marine Center. Westrec leases both the Marine Center on the north end of the Park where the new building will be located and Haulover Point which houses a retail store and fuel dock at the southernmost end.
The appeal of the area for boaters and Westrec alike is an all-amenities approach enabling easy access to the water in an enviroment welcoming to water lovers whether visiting the park by water or land.
Haulover Marine Center is less than one mile from Baker’s Haulover Inlet and provides quick and easy ocean access. Between both, a boater’s ideal all-purpose location is represented with retail stores, a restaurant, fully stock extensive bait and tackle, a gas and diesel fuel dock, a marine service department, restrooms and a sanitary pump out.
To enhance and modernize Haulover Marine Center’s existing facilities while adding nearly double the dry storage, Westrec Marinas has successfully negotiated leading edge design, engineering and construction of the following improvements:
- 508-rack fully enclosed dry storage building
- A new marine center rated to withstand a Category 5 hurricane. Prime materials, such as galvanized steel, will be used throughout
- An innovative elevator lift system will be used for launching and retrieving vessels
- The dry storage building is being designed specifically to hold the larger multi-outboard engine boats that are popular in today’s marketplace.
- The new dry storage building will be five racks high, accommodating those vessels up to 50’ in length overall
- A new parking area will be constructed to provide adequate parking for marina tenants and beach goers alike
- Other components include a new office, retail store, and bath house
- As part of the project, Westrec will remodel the existing Haulover Point retail store and fuel dock
To kick off the project and to indicate its excitement in developing this important boater’s mecca, Westrec is offering a number of preopening specials to those looking to secure a space for their boat and be among the first to be accommodated when the new building is open in the spring of 2016.